Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Cathedral

Here is the cathedral in Segovia. It definitely does not look as big in the picture as it is in person. I love how the snow dusts the top of the building in this picture. The school where I attend classes is right next door, so I get to view this beautiful sight every day! There are so many beautiful things to see in Segovia. I have never visited a place that has so much history and personality. The roads are all tiny and cobblestone. Many of the buildings have been renovated, but you can definitely still see how old they are in the large wooden doors or the old brick and stone under the cracked layers of plaster. I cannot imagine always living in a place like this. It is so beautiful that I would be afraid that I would take all of the beautiful architecture and landscape for granted. I will only be here for three months, but I hope in that short period of time that I do not start to take these sights for granted myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment