Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Food


Chocolate con churros, a Spanish tradition that I can definitely get use to! I loved sitting around in a Cafe with friends, socializing and eating this AMAZING snack. It is pretty crazy how differently they eat here. Breakfast is only toast and some coffee. Lunch does not come around until between two and three in the afternoon, followed by dinner between ten and ten thirty at night. I do not know if I am ever going to be able to adjust myself to the eating schedule. While the eating hours are a little strange, I do LOVE the food. Everything is so fresh here. The pork is literaly cut from a pig leg haning out in the kitchen. The fruits, vegetables, and cheeses are so fresh as well. I wish I could eat this well back in the States, but unfortunatly, our food is packed with preservatives:( The idea of having a drink here is completly different as well. Having a beer or glass of wine at literally almost any time of the day is ok. The drinks are tiny compared to home as well, which is probably why I don't see very many beer bellies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment