Sunday, February 1, 2009

Alcazar


Here is picture of the Castle in Segovia, Alcazar. Luckily, I was able to get this shot during one of the only sunny days that we have had here so far. I ran all over town to get pictures of everything with a blue sky. The photos of the castle just don't do it justice. It is almost unreal being next to something that most experience only in movies and fairy tales. I almost half expected to see a dragon pop up from behind one of the towers. The view surrounding the castle is amazingly beautiful as well. Everything is still pretty green for the middle of winter, which is pretty weird to me. There is a small path that circles the castle through the woods with a river running along side. I took a ton of pictures to try to capture how beautiful the sun was running through the trees and reflecting off the river. I wish I were in shape enough to run the path, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. I know that you can take a tour inside the castle, which hopefully I will be doing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment